'Fiona is passionate about empowering women and families to choose what feels right for them around birth and parenthood. She has worked as a birth and postnatal doula since 2011, she now focuses primarily on postnatal care and maternity reflexology. She loves supporting families and witnessing the awesome journey that they move through as they lovingly establish themselves and their transforming family.
She is currently based near Edinburgh and is a member of the Scottish Doula Network. During the time after birth, families can benefit from some extra support as they adjust to life with an expanded family. Each family is unique and has different requirements, her aim is to provide flexible, open and non-judgemental support for those she works with. Together with Fiona, you can explore what would best suit your families needs.
Some of the things you can expect from her postnatal doula service include;
- An opportunity to share your experience and your birth story
- The use of talking mats to explore what has or is happening for you related to birth and parenthood
- Empathic listening, emotional support and reassurance
- Breast feeding and general baby care support and ideas
- Signposting of information and evidence based research
- Taking care of the baby, giving you time out to rest or do other things
- Practical help with light housework and the preparation of vegetarian meals
- Taking care of siblings
Fiona has a psychology degree, a certificate in counseling skills and is an Openhand facilitator. She is reflective of her practise and has gained much confidence and knowledge through her life and professional experiences. She values the power of listening to and following our own truth and intuition. We all have our own answers, we just need to look within and she aims to support you in finding what is right for you. She practices as a one to one active listening therapist, in person or online, and also supports groups. In addition, Fiona enjoys offering maternity and postnatal reflexology.